Jungle Ide versions history
Jungle Ide 13.04.29-A
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the recent documents list and recent solutions list to be properly serialized between IDE runs.
- Added a new parameter to the parser color schema editor. This new parameter allows token-less parsers such as the TXT parser to define a global fore color for its text rendering instead of defaulting always to black.
- Removed the space used by the Language Navigation combo boxes on parsers that do not provide this kind of navigation, so there’s more space for the source code area.
- Implemented a new and faster updates downloading system that should allow Jungle Ide updates to download up to 10x faster due to several optimizations.
- Modified the way the CefSharp framework integrates into Jungle Ide so it is now also compiled at install time
- Made some performance improvements in general Jungle Ide Parsing and rendering. Jungle should be noticeably faster on some computers
- Added some jungleide.com shortcuts to the jungle ide Help menu, so it’s easier to access to the Jungle Ide community forums, and to the licenses section, etc.
- New feature: Notes. This new feature allows you to create navigable named bookmarks on documents that can be accessed globally on a new “Notes” panel, or locally on each file on the local shortcuts tree.
Jungle Ide 13.04.16-A (Stability Fix)
- Fixed a stability issue that could make a Connection keep a inconsistent status when a close operation was requested and the OS closed the underlying process while the process tree was being generated. This was specially problematic sometimes when canceling Android builds, causing a Jungle Ide unmanaged exception.
- Several stability fixes on the CEF framework integration
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide block itself while trying to close Jungle Ide and a browser window was on focus
- Fixed a issue that could cause Jungle Ide become irresponsive while the Chrominium Embedded Framework was being closed due a mutual blocking operation.
Jungle Ide 13.04.06-B
- Added the chrominium dev tools to the Jungle Ide browser window
- Fixed a bug that was introducing unclosed <li> html tags into Jungle Ide generated documentation
- Fixed a bug that was preventing some monkey samples to not be opened from within the monkey documentation sample pages
- Fixed a bug that was making the “Use round tabs” parameter to not be properly loaded on Jungle Ide restart
- Implemented several optimizations on the text rendering engine so it works faster and it is more efficient on complex monkey code structures
- Fixed a threading issue that was making Jungle Ide to keep running on the background after being closed on single core machines running Windows XP
Jungle Ide 13.03.24-B
- Fixed an issue that was making contextual help to not work always when it was requested on a identifier declaration.
- Improved internal module’s scope cache system. Intellisense is resolved sometimes a bit faster.
- Disabled the NTFs File ID solver by default, to make Jungle Ide faster when using mapped network drives. It can be turned back “on” on the preferences dialog.
- Implemented an internal NTFs File ID cache system that makes the Jungle Ide symlink resolver to work without undesired pauses. This new feature also improves Jungle Ide performance on local storage systems.
- Improved internal handling of settings, so it uses a faster indexing. This makes the whole IDE a bit faster.
- Jungle Ide will now use the modpath setting into your configuration document to locate Monkey modules (the same as the compiler). If you add an additional module’s folder due Jungle Ide settings, this will be appended to whatever you’ve added in your monkey configuration settings.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide unable to open monkey documents from the windows explorer when there was an already running instance of Jungle Ide open, and the setting “use custom tmp folder” was configured
- The license number setting is now presented as a password in the preferences dialog
- Fixed an issue that was making the recent documents list to not contain proper recent documents history, sometimes.
- Added a new ttf ratting system that shows if a font is recommended for its usage on Jungle Ide or not. The text renderer needs to calculate spacing before calculating context-based lexing. This can potentially have some side effects on fonts, when the lexed styles contains bold characters. Jungle Ide will now detect these fonts as “not recommended”. Usual coding fonts such as Consolas, Courier New, or Bitstream Vera Sans, do not have any of those issues and are highly recommended.
- Fixed a compatibility issue with older Monkey versions
Jungle Ide 13.03.05-A
- Implemented a new file handling system that detects if two files with different path are the same file when symlinks are defined on a Windows drive.
- Implemented a new runtime and compile time error dialogs that provide select & copy functionality and are “owned” by the Jungle Ide main window, so they do not get hidden under the debug window occasionally.
- Reduced the required I/O operations between the background compiler and Jungle Ide. This makes Jungle Ide a bit lighter and faster on low end machines running a virtualized OS
- Added a new setting that allows Jungle Ide to close any previously running connection when recycling connections. This is now the default behavior.
- When an Android app is recompiled, Jungle Ide is now able to close associated connection if it’s still running, but it leaves properly the adv server running so consequent builds are a lot faster, without requiring any additional work or interaction by the Jungle Ide user.
- New feature: You can now define an additional modules folder that can be used by trans to locate additional third-party modules. Define this folder on the Jungle Ide preferences, and you’ll be able to keep all your third-party modules on a single folder, allowing you to share this modules between Monkey updates.
- Jungle Ide now has added now some security checks on the module database updating/creating to provide additional information in case the creation of the database fails.
- Better prevention of cyclic cross-folder referencing on NTFS file systems that had cyclic folder structures done by the usage of symlinks and junctions
- Fixed a bug that was making Jungle Ide crash when the user tried to load a recent solution, and this solution had been removed from its original system location
- Fixed: setting page selection was not properly marked on the setting page selector of the settings window.
- New: You can now set a preferred default compilation target on the Monkey settings.
- New background compiler compatible with current official Monkey stable version.
- New os and jungle.stdio modules available to allow people compile their own background compiler versions for Jungle Ide without having to change a single line of code of transcc sources. All the “interesting” stuff is done on a lower abstraction layer.
- Breaking change: Jungle Monkey Background Compiler will be installed as “junglembc2.exe” instead of “junglembc.exe” to avoid a compatibility issue detected with older Jungle Ide versions that could leave the background compiler irresponsive due a change in the internal I/O protocol between the two apps.
Jungle Ide 13.02.04-A
- Implemented a compatibility layer that allows the compilation of Monkey source code using latest Monkey experimental version. This layer is fully backwards compatible with any previous Monkey compiler version.
1.- Notice that target specific modules are currently being ignored by the intelliprompt database. This is currently being implemented, but it does not have any side effects yet, as this new Monkey feature is not yet used by any official module, other to import native stuff.
2.- Notice that the background compiler is still targeting current officially stable release. We will be updating the background compiler once the current experimental version is considered stable.
Jungle Ide 13.01.27-B
- Redirect disk operations of the Background compiler to an internal cache handled by Jungle Ide at runtime. This reduces drastically disk operations on background compilation, makes background compilation a bit faster, and makes Jungle Ide much more energy efficient on portable devices.
- Implemented a new I/O protocol between Jungle Ide and the Background compiler that allows the transmission of a complete document with a single pipes sync operation, which is a lot faster.
- Added a new internal task manager to the background compilation clusters, so there is a maximum number of running clusters to avoid system getting irresponsive when loading big amounts of stand alone files. Clusters are now properly queued when there are too much of them running.
- Fixed a typo on the Search Results tab.
- Search result item selection does generate an entry on the navigation history.
- Search Results item selection does keep the focus on the Search Results window to allow navigation through the list items.
- Better centering of found items after a Find Next operation, and after a “Search Results” item selection.
- Fixed an issue that was making the application focused control to get lost after a navigate back/forward on the code navigation history.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide become irresponsive in some computers when the background compiler was enabled.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide stop calling the background compiler process on renamed files.
- Improved performance of the Background compiler scheduler by spreading the compilation clusters I/O synchronization on dedicated threads.
Jungle Ide 12.12.10-A
- Fixed a bug that could make Jungle Ide fail when an external XML resource had defined a non HTML-like color declaration on a highlighting scheme
- New: Implemented navigation history on the whole IDE.
- New: After a jump to definition, or a combo jump, the requested information will be presented at the center of the editor window, when possible, so it’s easier to contextualize this code.
- Modified the license description to explicitly inform that Jungle Ide license is allowed for commercial development, while jungle lite (demo) is not.
- Reorganized slightly the edit menu items, so they have a more convenient layout and things are easier to find
- Rewritten the Bookmarks system internals to integrate it on the new navigation history system
- Automatic connection time-out for background compilation clusters
- Properly differentiated Background compiler signature from regular Monkey compiler in the Jungle Ide output console window
Jungle Ide 12.11.14-A
- The “As” word was being formated as an operator on the Monkey source code format algorithm. This has been fixed.
- Jungle Ide was not loading the default editor colors on fresh Jungle Ide installations
- Fixed a bug that was making Jungle Ide crash when an autolist was requested and the current data scope had no items to show
- Fixed the “Close all tabs bit this” was not workig properly after latest “Maximize” code window addition. This has been fixed.
- Added a graphics preview functionality to the Solutions Explorer
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide fail to install module updates when the Monkey setup folder was not in the same drive as the user preferences folder.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when closing a solution or exiting the application
Jungle Ide 12.10.01-B
- Added a new feature to the docking system that allows code windows to be “maximized”. Press Ctrl+U on a code window to toggle maximized on/off. It also works by double-clicking on the document tab and on the maximized window tittle-bar
- Implemented a Jungle Gui color variation that is meant to play nicer with dark text rendering preferences. It can be set on Jungle Ide preferences
- Build mode on solution can be configured to Build and Run all projects, or build and run main project only (currently default). I’ve modified this as this seems to be the most usual configuration
- Media files on solutions will now be open on windows when double clicked. Double click on a jpg file on the solution explorer to open it on the default windows media browser
- Several fixes on Jungle Ide connections handling
- Improved the internal automatic crash report system so crash reports are a bit more verbose and better classified
- Fixed an issue that could cause a blocking file access to the internal Monkey data base at Jungle Ide start up
- Fixed an issue that could make the Background compiler stay alive when there was nothing new to compile
- Fixed a small GDI+ memory leak on the internal Jungle Tree View component
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the “Null” keyword to be case corrected by the Text Formatter
- Fixed default “untitled” file names of temporary monkey documents, so they now conform the lower-case standard for monkey modules.
- Moving the caret when the parameter hint pop-up was shown was not refreshing the selected parameter highlighting if source code was not modified. This has been improved.
- Improved the context-based help provider for Monkey v65 and above. It can now work for language keywords, functions, classes and classes methods, etc.
- Fixed a bug that was preventing the Find Next operation to work properly on previous version
- Added a kbps meter on the downloads window
Jungle Ide 12.09.18-A
- Modified the JiProj file format in a way that it does not require the OriginalDiskLocation parameter any more. It may make this documents a bit more SVN friendly
- Help engine updated to be compatible with latest Monkey version
- Implemented the 1.41 iteration of the Trans compiler into the junglembc compiler so it properly report errors for latest Monkey version
Jungle Ide 12.09.08-A
- Fixed an issue that could cause a crash when a code completion hint pop-up was requested on an unknown method or function.
- Fixed a potential Out Of Memory problem that could raise when loading ultra large solutions or a very large number of docs at once.
- Fixed some spacing calculation on the source code auto-format algorithm
- Ditched ANSI support in favor of pure ASCII and UTF-8 as those are the two standards supported by latest Trans versions
- Optimized memory management on solutions load/save operations making the whole process a bit faster.
- Added a setting that allows Jungle IDE to use new Monkey docs when available, otherwise it’ll show remote online documentation
- Enabled context sensitive help provider (latest Monkey version required for this setting to work)
- Modified the parameter hint pop-up in a way that it is a lot less intrusive as it does not show while navigating source code, but only when mouse is clicked or source is being modified.
- Added case correction for reserved words to the source code auto-format algorithm
- Updated the Monkey Background Compiler to be compatible with Trans 1.40
Jungle Ide 12.07.24-A
- Fixed some small formatting issues with numeric expressions in the new Text Formatter.
- Fixed a small typo on the connection window
- Fixed some issues with the parsing of the + and – unary operators on Monkey source code parser.
- Fixed Generic recognition on the internal Text Formatter. How I wish Monkey did not use < and > for generics…
- Fixed an issue that could make a Automatic update process fail when the download folder was not in the same drive as Jungle Ide.
- Fixed an issue an issue that could cause the source code formatter to convert a <> operator to separated < > tokens, when a complex expression involved generics was evaluated.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide delete a file if it was renamed on the solution explorer with an empty new name and all warnings were ignored
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when the autolist was requested
- Added several new color definitions by dmaz
Jungle Ide 12.07.04-B
- Added highlighting for the new Throw keyword.
- Fixed a bug that could cause an exception due a sync mismatch from the two Standard error and Standard input pipes, on a debug session.
- Double-clicking on an error line on the connections output window was not bringing the error location on scope. This has been re-fixed on current version
- Implemented a very noticeable optimization on class inheritance solving routines.
- Optimized text rendering speed. It’s the fastest Jungle Ide version to date on both Lexed mode, and standard mode.
- Internal Jungle persistence system has been updated and it brings a nice speed improvement on internal usage of settings all over the IDE.
- Fixed an issue that could make any unmatched compilation cluster to generate never-ending messages on the Jungle Ide console window.
- Removed the setting that allows a “force sync” between the text renderer and the Monkey language parser. Current version is a lot faster and syncing is always on, as it reduces flickering
- Removed the experimental text formatter because it was too buggy to be considered in production.
- Added a new text formatter.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide overwrite a character at the right of a completed area of text, when the completion was performed in the middle of pre-existing code
- Fixed some typos on the IDE, thanks to the collaboration of some Jungle Ide users.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when the autoformating was finding an unclosed string literal in the source code.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash very rarely when opening or creating a solution
- Fixed an issue in the auto formatter that was making parameters list on constructors, to be formatted as delegates lists instead of expressions.
Jungle Ide 12.06.23-A
- Improved overloading support in the internal Monkey parser. Now all overloads for functions, properties and methods are shown on the Parameter Hint pop-ups.
- Added support for Try / Catch blocks
- Update the Background compiler to be compatible with Monkey v60
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when showing a members class list
- Fixed an issue on the Jungle lexical parser that was making the Document parser show some weird error messages on local variables definitions that had a very specific declaration structure
- Improved data type inference calculation.
Jungle Ide 12.06.17-A
- Added several optimizations on connections pipe read/write and flush operations. This has a deep impact on compile time for targets with very verbose compilation output
- Added a way to associate additional file extensions to the Jungle Ide available parsers. This will allow you to associate a given file extension to any of the Jungle Ide text formats. As instance, the extension “level” could be associated to the XML parser if it is internally a XML document.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide display the contents of the standard error pipe on the Jungle Ide console, when a debug session was active.
- Tweaked a bit the “about” dialog, in order to reflect latest Jungle Ide logo changes.
Jungle Ide 12.06.13-A
- Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide search list to display zero-based line information, instead of 1 based.
- Reworked the way the search list is generated. It now displays the complete sentece where the match was found
- The search list results are now stored on a separated panel, at the bottom of the IDE, so you can have access to the search and replace dialog and to the search list results at the same time.
Jungle Ide 12.06.12-B
- Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide not update its line and char information on the Jungle Ide status bar, when the selected document was changed in the documents tab control
- Added support for Monkey C++ debugger
- Modified the way the “Replace All” operator works. Now it does not open all the documents where the replace operation is done. Documents can be modified without having to be on screen
- Prevented Jungle Ide to crash on very large replace all operations
- Added a “Generate List” option to the find and replace dialog, so a list of matches is generated and can be navigated from the Search and Replace dialog. This is a (better) alternative to the BLIde “Find in files” that has been requested before to be implemented on Jungle Ide. It allows all Search parameters.
- Added keyboard navigation support to our double buffered and double threaded tree component. This will allow keyboard navigation on the local shortcts tree, in the Find results list tab, and in a new area of the Ide that will be revealed soon (can’t talk about this right now, more info very soon).
- Fixed an issue that was making the icons on some of the tree views on Jungle Ide to be displayed with the wrong size on some computer configurations
- Fixed an issue that could make the automatic intellisense to have missing functions on its internal list of available items
- Version B:
- Fixed an issue that was making an internal debug message to appear on the Jungle Ide console when editing text.
- Improved the error handling on the C++ and XNA targets.
Jungle Ide 12.05.22-A
- New feature: When mouse hoovers over a document tab caption, a tooltip popup is shown with information of the complete document path and location in disk.
- New cache system on the internal lexed text renderer that drastically increases drawing speed on low end hardware. This new system is internally based on a hashtable/array hybrid that used ilde time to pre-calculate tokens and brings a very nice speed improvement on all computer flavors.
- Fixed an issue that was filtering the Ctrl+C shortcut on the connection output text window.
- Added LINQ support to the C# parser
- Added Lambda expressions support to the C# parser
- Fixed an issue that was making the source code lines to not be displayed properly sometimes
- Jungle Ide now detects slow computers on the first-run wizard and gives the option to automatically self-configure with some CPU heavy settings disabled.
Jungle Ide 12.05.11-B
- Fixed a filtering issue that was making Generics to appear on all automatic autolists, even when the pre-entered content did not match.
- Fixed an issue that was making local scope for all Case clauses on a select/case sentence to be shared in the internal Monkey lexer.
- Fixed an issue that was making local scope for If / ElseIf and Else code blocks to be shared in the internal Monkey lexer.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when requesting a Fold operation on a document that had never had focus before.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when writing an integer value with exponential notation with a decimal exponent and the experimental smart text formatter had been enabled.
- Fixed: The “Go to line” dialog now properly focuses the line-number control and pre-selects text to allow faster navigation.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash on requesting an intelliprompt item
- Fixed several data provider calculation issues when there were some identifier clashes
- Added a notification window to the module updates management dialog, when there was an available module update.
- Added a new post-lexing text renderer to the Monkey language. This new text renderer can differentiate the kind of a token before coloring it, so you can have a specific color for Classes, Interfaces, Methods, Functions, etc. and everything is colored in a scope-based fashion. Given the complexity of Monkey. this can a little CPU intensive, so people with ultra small devices may disable this on the preferences dialog.
- Added code autocompletion for #Rem / #End
- Improved the data type inference calculator so it now supports much more complex expressions.
- Better handling of public/private members on autolists. Private members are excluded from lists when they’re defined on another module.
- Added a Private identifier to private items shown on autolists
- Better handling of Find&Replace pre-selected text.
- ESC key now closes the go to line dialog, canceling the operation as in the Find and Replace dialog.
- VERSION B: Fixed an issue with array methods internal refactoring that was causing array methods to not be highlighted sometimes.
BREAKING CHANGE: All the color definition stored in the “Color Definitions” area, in the Jungle Ide Framework folder are not compatible with the new text renderer. New text color schemes will be stored on a folder called “Color Definition v2.0″ Also, your current color scheme will be reset after this update, but all the pre-defined presets that were present on previous Jungle Ide versions have been redesigned for the new renderer, and they’re available on the presets lists.
NOTE: The new lexed text rendering is performed on two passes. That can produce a slight flickering sometimes between passes. Everything has been designed to minimize this as much as possible while maintaining the multi-threaded optimized rendering. If your computer is too slow that it produces a very big flickering on text rendering, you can enable a “Force synchronization” parameter on the Monkey settings, on the preferences dialog. Not that we have had to activate on any of the computers this has been beta-tested but just in case…
Jungle Ide 12.04.18-B
- Added a context-menu “set compilation target” to the solution explorer’s main project node. (it was only available on the file’s context menu)
- Added an automatic module updater for modules supporting it. For more information about how to add this functionality to your own modules see: http://www.jungleide.com/?p=678
- Made some small improvements to intelliprompt.
- Improved Generics support on autolists and class lists
- Added a Update/Repair tool for modules that support the new updates control system available in this new Jungle Ide version (more info about this soon)
- The array braces operator in Monkey was not being treated as a proper delimiter on the code completion box autlist. This has been fixed.
Version B changes: (Quick stability fix)
- Fixed a crash that was happening when a data-type autolist was requested on the global data scope of the Monkey source code. Updating is highly recommended.
Jungle Ide 12.03.29-B
- Fixed several visualization issues on some color schemas for the Monkey programming language
- Fixed an issue that was throwing the background compiler in addition to the regular compiler when a regular compilation process was started.
- Fixed an issue that was making the “Save as” operation fail and leave Jungle in a inconsistent state after a “save as” operation over a modified file
- Fixed a parsing issue with the var keyword (inherited from an ancient BlitzMax parser). It’s been removed. it’s not a keyword on Monkey
- Fixed a typo on the “Duplicate current line” option on the Edit menu.
- Fixed an issue that could leave a child process of a running connection alive when the connection execution was stoped, on 64 bits windows.
- Added drag & drop support on the Find & Replace text fields
- Modified the Find and replace tab colors to match the selected tab header color, so it looks much more standard
- Added a shortcut to the system calculator on the Tools menu
- Added an auto-formatting feature that helps you keep your code clean and equal in all your files. (Experimental, it’s off by default)
- Added a feature to the auto formatting that converts data type shortcuts to data type names, so source code is easier to read and follow
- Added a setting that allows the background compiler to be disabled while a connection is active (as instance, when a regular compilation process is being executed)
- Added drag & drop support of files in the editor window
- Added a feature that monitors memory usage of any open connection and automatically closes the connection if it gets more than 3/4 of the total system phisical ram (this is off by default)
- Improved background compiler error tooltips rendering, so they look and read much nicer.
- Fixed a small issue that was making Jungle Ide not show properly inherited members of a class on the predictive member’s list autocompletion
- Removed some internal debug info from the console window (it was there during internal development and it should not be showing in the production version)
Jungle Ide 12.02.29-A (Stability update)
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when a compile operation was being performed on a file that had not been loaded into Jungle Ide
- Fixed a scaling problem in the jungle lite to pro conversion dialog when the Jungle Lite was being used from windows XP and the os DPI scaling was active.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when a regex find&replace operation was requested and the regex expression was generating some compilation errors
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when an error was being rendered in the code window and the code window had no active document horizontal view enabled
- Fixed an issue that was preventing the syntax errors balloons to be displayed from the above area of a split source code document
- Slightly modified the Jungle Ide skin to use rectangular tabs instead of round tabs. This is customizable on the preferences dialog. Rectangular tabs are rendered faster and look nicer on windows 8
- Updated Jungle Ide license information to reflect the 2012 copyright, and added additional information about using Jungle Ide license as a “seat” license.
Jungle Ide 12.02.23-A
- Added proper highlighting for the Final keyword.
- Any change in the compiler parameters now resets the idle status of the background compiler.
- Fixed some sync design problems on the communications protocol between the JungleMBC and the IDE. There was an issue that was making the background compiler to stop responding when there were several concurrent I/O requests.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when a file that had been already renamed in disk was renamed in the solution explorer.
- Background compilation now takes less resources and is a bit faster.
- Modified the comment and uncomment selection icons, so they do not look like indenting, unindenting icons.
- Implemented a shortcut (Ctrl+D) that allows the duplication of current line of source code in any language.
- Added a way to customize matching braces highlighting. Current modes are: Box, Bold and Nothing
- Jump to definition has better understanding of data type and data instances when processing Jump to definition request.
- Fixed a serious problem with solutions layout serialization that could cause some issues on non synchronized solutions.
- Created a separated document for project session options (opened documents, cursor pos, etc.), so project are much version control friendly and easier to merge on SVN, Github, etc. This system is backwards compatible with older Jungle Ide versions.
- Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide convert a document to a panel if there was a single stand-alone document loaded in the session, and a solution without any open document was restoring an empty layout.
- Modified Parameter Hint Pop-up does not appear when cursoring around with the Up and Down cursor keys.
- Jungle Ide load time has been slightly optimized
- Jungle Ide now defaults the internal Monkey documentation to the on online version, but this is configurable on the preferences dialog.
- New feature: If the user makes a double click on a compilation error line, in the connections output window, Jungle Ide will bring the offending source code file and document location to the front of the IDE.
- Added a new feature that allows the generation of documentation for a whole solution, at once.
- Added a setting that will allow users to define a custom color to highlight matching braces.
- Small margin improvement on the generated CSS for automatically generated documentation.
- Now Jungle Ide can store expanded/collapsed status for folders in a project solution explorer, using the separated JIPO file (that can be excluded from any version control system)
Jungle Ide 12.02.08-A
- Fixed an issue that could make the Monkey parser throw an unhandled exception when a function or method has a very rare signature.
- Fixed an issue that could make the Jungle Ide connection system throw an unhandled exception when a connection was trying to recover status from a not-alive connection.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide throw an unhandled exception when a search operation was done on a document that had never been open before by Jungle Ide.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when there was a syntax error in a file being imported and shared by several projects at the same time, in the same solution.
- Improved the background compiler handling in a way that it detects file changes in a cascade way, so a change in a module file will be detected when editing a program that imports this module, even if the build mode of the module is set to bypass.
- Improved the detection of external file editions.
- Added background compilation support for stand-alone non project files.
- Jungle Monkey Background Compiler updated to be compatible with Monkey compiler version 1-29 (present at Monkey v53)
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash after trying to open an already disposed document.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when trying to resolve the intelliprompt items of a given local variable.
- Fixed some incompatibility issues with new Monkey documentation system, while keeping backwards compatibility with older Monkey versions, and with Monkey demo.
- Added a new feature in the lite version that allows a Jungle Lite set-up to self-update to a complete Jungle Ide “pro” version once the user provides a valid and active pro license number and username.
Jungle Ide 12.01.06-B
- Implemented a new Monkey Background compiler that inform on code errors as you type. It’s based on a modified version of the Monkey compiler.
- Fixed an stability issue with the SuperTreeView component of the Lemonbytes CK-IDE framework. This was making the local shortcuts tree throw an unhandled exception after a specific history of hide/show nodes.
- Fixed a visualization problem in the preferences dialog.
- Added a new system that should detect file changes from outside the IDE.
- Fixed an issue that was clearing the clipboard contents when Ctrl+C was pressed and there was no selection in the source code window.
Important Breaking Change:
The new background compiler system, in order to operate, will add a new tool called JungleMBC in your Monkey BIN folder. This utility is a small executable that contains the background compiler itself. You don’t have to make anything special for this tool to get copied and installed in the right folder. Jungle Ide will do this for you. It’s just a modified version of the Trans Monkey Compiler used to allow Jungle Ide perform background compilation and provide feedback on syntax/lexing errors in your source code.
Current version covers syntax for Monkey V51. This tool will self-update when needed using the regular Jungle Ide update system.
Notes on this version:
The new background compiler service can take a bit of CPU time, on single core machines, it can be a good idea to disable it if you experience important slowdowns on Jungle Ide performance. It’s been tested to work wonderfully well on a Quad Core machine on very large solutions.
Version B changes: Fixed a small stability issue that could make Jungle Ide crash on a mouse move event over the code window.
Jungle Ide 11.12.05
- Added a proper “Go To Line” dialog to the text editor.
- Added an option to customize the temporary folder in order to facilitate temp compilation for targets that require a specific location for source code files, such as Android.
- Added a context menu on the Solution Explorer to set the desired target for a project without having to open a file on the project.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when a Find operation was requested on some rare situations.
- Added an option to the Local Shortcuts panel to show only current file instead of all files. It’s a switch and it can be turned on/off. Also available from the preferences dialog.
- Several small stability fixes from the crash reports we’ve been getting from users.
Jungle Ide 11.10.13-A (QuickFix)
- Fixed an issue that could give a “misconfiguration” error when a file was imported into the solution, but the file was already open as a non-project (stand alone) file.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash on a large “find in all files” operation, in some computers, when the text in the editor was being scrolled using the mouse scroll wheel.
- Added a new build option to build current project only (this mimics Build option of previous versions).
Jungle Ide 11.10.04-A
- Implemented a new bug report system that does not require the IDE user to provide a valid email address in order for us to contact him or she. This new system uses part of the license information to identify the bug report user, in case we need to contact him or she to provide a quick fix. (sending bug reports is optional, as always).
- Integrated a new Connections based build system. This new system allow parallel execution of several compiler instances and also provides an efficient mechanism to develop solutions that contains modules and sample applications
- Added a new “bypass” build mode, specially designed for modules in solutions. Projects with a “bypass” build mode won’t be compiled as standalone, only saved to disk so they’re ready to be imported by other projects in the same solution.
- Made some small speed optimizations to the Monkey modules database builder
- “Build and Run” on a solution now builds all projects in the solution. If a project does not have to be built, you can set it to the new “bypass” build mode.
- Added a new text renderer to the console. This new text renderer uses different text colors to differentiate warnings and errors from regular console text
- Added a “Refresh” button to the solution explorer so any changes in the folder structure can be loaded into Jungle Ide.
- Fixed an issue that could generate an “out of memory” error or crash after a find and replace operation on very big solutions
- Fixed an issue that could generate a hard crash on a replace operation
- Fixed an issue that was making the document generator get confused with < and > symbols on class definitions
- Fixed an issue that could crash Jungle Ide when getting the list of recent document or solutions, when there was concurrent access to the serialized file in several Jungle Ide instances.
- Fixed an issue tha could potentially make Jungle Ide fail to compile a project when the entry point of that project was renamed
Jungle Ide 11.08.31-A (Quick fix)
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when the console window was double clicked and the console was empty
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when the highlighting color schema editor was open on a parser that do not support color schemas
- Fixed an issue that was clearing the text selection when the context menu was shown in the text editor
Jungle Ide 11.08.25-A (Quick fix)
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash on a build operation.
- Fixed a parsing problem with chained While code blocks on some parser configurations
- Fixed an issue that was not updating the caret position on a show-context-menu event in the editor window
- Fixed an issue that could crash Jungle Ide when the “Show all files” was enabled in the solution explorer and a folder had been removed from the system, from outside Jungle Ide.
- Fixed an issue that was making the Clear All Bookmarks only clear bookmarks for the currently active document.
- Fixed an issue that was making the Find and Replace dialog to react on the ESC key, even when the dialog was docked.
- Jungle Ide now allows users to specify additional lines separation, measured in pixels, to improve source code readability.
Jungle Ide 11.08.19-A
- Fixed an issue that was making the intelliprompt fail to show child contents on complex objects chains when a child object was an array, and the object inheritance was complex.
- Improved database building time on computers with lots of modules
- Fixed an issue that could make the Local Shortcuts tree to not show the vertical and horizontal scrollbars after loading a large solution
- Fixed an isse that could make Jungle crash after adding a new project to a solution and hitting the “Compile” button
- Added content separator to the syntax renderer on advanced parsers. This can be turned off on the preferences dialog, on the “Editor” tab.
Jungle Ide 11.08.11-A
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when a dot was entered as the first character of a line in the Monkey source code editor.
- Fixed: When a document was being saved on a read-only location, Jungle Ide could crash with an unhandled exception.
- Fixed: Several disk operations were not secure when working on a network share or on removable devices. Some additional checks have been added to minimize any possible streaming failures.
- Fixed an issue that could make Jungle Ide crash when a missing file was referenced in the database, and the user performed a Jump to Definition.
- Fixed an issue that was making the editor window caret to disappear after an html browser was closed, and the browser control had focus, and the user was using IE9.
- Improved the local shortcuts tree functionality. Now nodes (functions, classes, interfaces, etc.) that do not contain data are not shown.
- Improved the local shorts tree look. This component will show some information when there are not any documents loaded.
- Improved (speed wise) slightly the rendering of the panel buttons in the IDE.
- Several improvements on the Jungle Ide documentation.
Jungle Ide 11.08.08-A (Quick fix)
- Added a way to automatically (and optionally) send bug reports when an unhandled exception happens on Jungle Ide.
- Fixed a stability issue that could cause some parsing problems on documents with chained multiline comments
- Fixed a stability issue that could make the HTML documentation generator ignore some classes after the header keyword
Jungle Ide 11.08.7-A
- Added a proper icon to the Jungle Ide help button in the browser window.
- Added documentation on how to use the built-in HTML documentation generator
- Fixed an stability issue that could make Jungle Ide crash on a Find and Replace operation
Jungle Ide 11.08.3-A
- Added a function to open the monkey configuration file directly from the IDE.
- Added a complete documentation builder system
- Fixed a small stability issue that could make Jungle Ide crash in very rare situations
- Added a context help system that shows generated documentation when F1 is pressed. If no documentation is found, Jungle will try to find official documentation instead, if any.
- Added Jungle Ide documentation in the IDE. Still lots of it is being written, but it’ll be finished very soon.
- Added a pre-calculated optimization for the internal Monkey scope builder, in the Jungle IDE AST system. This makes the IDE faster.
Jungle Ide 11.07.23-B
- Fixed an issue that was making Monkey source code files to not self-reference by default which was adding some undesired behavior on intelliprompt
- Added support for the comment based summary keyword. Place ‘summary: Description before any identifier declaration and see this description in the intelliprompt popups.
- Added a menu option to open the monkey config file in the IDE.
- Modified the look of the Jungle ITC to make it more modern and less verbose during setup of updates.
- Modified the look and feel of the preferences dialog and made all checkboxes auto-size to the preference text contents to avoid the preferences getting modified by mistake when clicking on the dialog empty space.
- Version B: Removed a debug message from some parameter hint popups.
- Version B: Added a WndMsg check to the monkey module database window to prevent this window enter in “non responding” mode when the monkey modules database was too complex.
Jungle Ide 11.07.19-A
- Modified internally the imports structure solver algorithm with a new algorithm that brings a very nice speed improvement, and reduces drastically any edit delay on very big solutions. (Thanks to AnyGFX for helping me with this one)
- Fixed an issue that was providing false “ignored folder” warnings when the modules database was being refreshed
- Added a proper icon to JiProj files
- Added a matching banana icon for monkey files
Jungle Ide 11.07.18-A
- Fixed a small bug in the module scope provider algorithm.
Jungle Ide 11.07.17-A
- Improved the way intelliprompt keeps working on malformed documents.
- Added a new icon to differentiate Properties from regular Methods in the intellimprompt autolists
- Intellimprompt autolists now display a single member for properties getters and setters
- Added toolbars for most common tasks to make Jungle Ide more confortable to people with repetitive strain injury. Less clicks is more fun.
- Added an option to customize the autocompletion code blocks end identifiers. you can now choose to use “End, End If, Endif, Next, End While, etc. for each code block
- Improved the serialization of solution layouts. Now documents position and multi-document views are serialized and deserialized with the solution layout
- Several small stability fixes while editing source code
- Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide Monkey intelliprompt to ignore sub modules imported as relative imports from other modules when the import chain was too deep in the modules folders.
- Improved monkey module’s database generation to ignore any invalid folder name in the process of building the database.
- New application icon and logo, based on the king of the Jungle
Jungle Ide 11.07.5-A
- Added a way to save/restore layouts per-solution.
- Fixed an issue that was making the overloads for the “New” keyword to be lost on parameter change
- Fixed an issue that was showing private members of module classes from outside the defining modules
- Implemented support for the new ; separator introduced in latest Monkey trans compiler version
- Several stability fixes
- Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide consider files from outside the project as valid project nodes when they appeared in the project tree as disabled files
- Fixed an issue that was making the internal Monkey parser to fail when parsing some interface declarations
- Increased internal HTML browser security
- Implemented proper drag&drop support for files from windows to the IDE
Jungle Ide 11.06.19-A
- Fixed an issue that was making it impossible to load a solution that contains files of unknown extension.
- Fixed an issue regarding some exceptions in the “New” method overloading in the Monkey language.
Jungle Ide 11.06.18-A
- Added a special check for Monkey misconfigurations before a solution is requested to be loaded.
- Added a new Word-Wrap mode in the Editor window (by default this is OFF)
- Added highlighting for the keyword Alias and Default
- Improved text renderer performance
- Integrated the Jungle Ide documentation (currently being written)
- Fixed an issue that was excluding self-defined classes on intelliprompt inside the same file, on certain document structures
- Fixed an issue that could crash Jungle Ide when the “Open Last” solution was selected, and the latest solution was removed from disk
- Fixed an issue that was not updating the recent solutions list when a solution was loaded directly from Windows Explorer
- Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide crash when providing intelliprompt for import keyword and the selected module server was void
- Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide crash when compilation was requested immediately after modifying the entry point of a project inside a solution
- Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide not to show the proper icon for the main project in a multi-project solution, after a reload operation of the same Solution
- Improved the way Jungle Ide is able to understand malformed code in the internal Monkey source code parser and AST engine
Jungle Ide 11.05.29-A
- Improved ANSI support for the Trans compiler
Jungle Ide 11.05.28-D
- Implemented a internal “cache” system that speeds up intelliprompt solving in a very noticeable way
- Added a new preference that allows the user to disable the double threaded parsing on single core or slow computers
- Added a feature that allows the user to limit the document re-parse on line changes, when single thread mode is enabled
- Added the “clean” flag to the Trans compiler options.
- Added the option “Refresh available targets” in the Monkey menu
- Improved general performance of the IDE
- Jungle Ide now detects most appropriate encoding for source code files (ANSI, Unicode)
- New option to use always Unicode encoding
- Option to use Big Endian Unicode (by default, regular 8 bits UTF encoding is used for special chars)
- Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide add a new blank line at the end of a document, when the document was saved to disk
- Reduced memory usage of Jungle Ide when working with large solutions.
- Fixed a bug on the Search & Replace dialog that was causing the Search on Selection option fail randomly
- Fixed a small issue with internal modules database catching when a document was renamed inside the solution explorer (Version B)
- Fixed an issue that could cause the Parameter Hint pop-up not to show information for some functions inside complex expressions (Version C)
- Fixed a small issue that could show a unhandled exception window when a document was being closed due to parser being closed before than renderer on multithread environment. (Version D)
Jungle Ide 11.05.23-A
- Fixed a bug that could cause an unhandled exception when creating a new file that is not part of a project.
- Fixed an issue that could cause an unhandled exception when using the Replace function in conjunction with the “Selected text” option.
- Removed some unsupported keywords from the Monkey parser.
Jungle Ide 11.05.22-A
- Fixed an issue that could cause an unhandled exception when working with generics
- Added a way to set the number of space characters that a TAB should enter, when replace TABs to Spaces is enabled
- Fixed an issue that was making the Compiler Toolbar to not refresh the available targets automatically when the compiler location was changed on the preferences dialog
- Fixed an issue with automatic opening of monkey files from Windows Explorer.
Jungle Ide 11.05.21-A
- Fixed an issue in the auto-update system that was causing some issues on users behind a hardware firewall.
- Several small improvements in the GUI system
- Added full interfaces support into the intelliprompt schema, Combo Jumpers, Local shortcuts tree view, etc.
Jungle Ide 11.05.11-A
- Added a right click context menu to tabbed documents. This menu has “Close Tab”, “Close all other tabs” and “Close all tabs” options.
- Fixed an issue that was making the Print Preview dialog to show incorrect icon
- Fixed a localization issue that was making Jungle Ide show some system dialogs in the incorrect language in some configurations
- Integrated a new components library that includes some new GUI elements from our framework CK-IDE.
- Text highlighting is also copied in the clipboard using RTF conversion.
- Fixed an issue that could crash Jungle Ide if it was configured wrong in the preferences dialog.
- Fixed an issue with the Single line IF parsing that could break document internal parsing structure if the condition was split in several lines of code.
- Some improvements on Generics support. Instance to class is resolved properly for the first level of inheritance. This will be improved very soon.
- Fixed an issue in the Monkey source code parser that was making the parser ignore some generics information on local variables declarations
Jungle Ide 11.04.18-A
- Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide not perform auto completion for extended classes when Jungle Ide has a very specific preferences configuration.
- If Jungle IDE was running, but minimized and you double clicked a monkey file in Explorer – the file was loaded into Jungle but Jungle didn’t maximize.
- Fixed an issue that was making the Solution Explorer to not be properly sorted after a tree node rename
- Fixed an issue with the recognition of single line if sentences when this single line if was written in several lines, using the Or or And operator as the “line continuation” mark
- Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide show internal data structures (GUID-like) as module paths in the intelliprompt class selection pop-up
- Made several small improvements in the graphical user interface of the ide
- Fixed an issue that was making the Jungle Ide web browser to display a nameless tab when the browsed document was a PDF file.
- Fixed an issue that was making the & operator be considered a data type shortcut, and this was confusing the single-line IF detection algorithm.
- Fixed an issue that was causing folding problems when a single-line if sentence was followed by an Else or ElseIf clause of an enclosing IF block
- Local Shortcuts Tree is now a collapsed panel by default.
Jungle Ide 11.04.10-A (Quick Fix)
- Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide ignore highlighting for imports-only modules such as mojo.
- Improved monkey source code parsing time.
Jungle Ide 11.04.06-A (Quick Fix)
- Fixed an issue that could make the whole ide crash when a file was being edited at the root folder of the modules folder.
- Fixed an issue that was making the EachIn keyword to not highlight
Jungle Ide 11.04.04-A
- Fixed an issue that could crash the whole ide when C++ code was found inside a monkey document.
- Added a new update system that allows updates to be smaller and download faster
- Added a first preliminary version of the Java parser
Jungle Ide 11.04.03-A (Quick Fix)
- Fixed an issue that could crash the whole ide when the local shortcuts tree was “unpinned” and the contents of the tree was larger than the scrollable area. This is a small stability update highly recommended.
Jungle Ide 11.04.2-B (Local Shortcuts)
- Fixed a 64 bits compatibility issue with some computers architecture.
Jungle Ide 11.04.2-A (Local Shortcuts)
- Implemented a Local Shortcuts Tree component, based on a custom build component, instead of using the Windows Forms implementation of the TreeView. The whole component is using a single window handle and has a single pass renderer that makes it fast and flicker-free.
- Fixed a quick info tip / autolists overlapping issue
- Added some more color schemes to the define editor color options dialog
- Added braces matching highlighting in the text renderer
Jungle Ide 11.03.29
- Implemented proxy support in the automatic update system
- Improved preferences dialog layout, so several properties can be visually grouped
- Fixed an issue in the Jump to definition algorithm that was making inferred instance data types and undefined instance integer types to be unreachable
Jungle Ide 11.03.27-A
- Added a new tool to define the editor colors.
- Created several color presets for Monkey source code. Some of them based on pre-existing BLIde color schemes.
- Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide show duplicate intellisense items in some very specific scenarios.
- Fixed an issue that was making the Split Editor View scrollbar button not visible.
Jungle Ide 11.03.26-A
- Improved string-matching selection on autolist to prevent casing problems with classes and modules that share the name, but not the casing.
- Added an option to automatically download the Monkey Demo from the first configuration wizard.
- Added a page in the configuration wizard to set the license number and the username at jungleide.com
- Improved performance, look and feel of the file downloader system for Jungle Ide updates
- Fixed a small GDI resource leak.
- Fixed a small bug with drawing ascent character when printing/previewing.
- Fixed a bug that could make the Ide crash when closing.
- Fixed a crash when displaying code completion for extension methods on C#.
- Fixed a bug with code completion for namespaces in the XNA C# parser
- Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide throw some error messages when Jungle Ide was launched with the “check for updates at start-up” option enabled, and there was not a working internet connection.
- Fixed an issue that was making Jungle Ide show some modal message windows from the wrong thread, not blocking properly the application, and leaving Jungle in a potentially inconsistent status
- Support for advanced windows 7 shell apis, so Jungle now display progress and status also in the taskbar, among other small things. Previous windows versions supported too, but without the advanced windows 7 shell features.
- Fixed several issues on autolists item selection, specially when there where several available casing options for the same “word” such as List and list, app and App. etc.
- Fixed an issue that was making the language item selectors of the editor window to not be updated until the edited document had focus, for documents that are not part of a project.
Jungle Ide 11.03.23
- Modified inheritance resolving algorithm so it now handles overloading in the same way as the monkey compiler. Extended classes should not be adding additional overloads.
- Modified the parameter hint popup window, so it now provides information about optional parameters and their default values.