The Font Machine
Font machine is a bitmap font tool for Monkey (it’s also available for BlitzMax). This tool allows the creation and usage of great bitmap fonts in your multi-platform Monkey games.
This application consist on tree tools:
The FontMachine module:
- This is a free open source module that will allow you to load, draw and operate with FontMachine fonts from within your games and applications
- It’s free, under the MIT license
- Those tutorials do provide some samples on the regular usage of the FontMachine module
- They are free, under the MIT license
The FontMachine Editor:
- This is an application that allows the creation of FontMachine fonts both for Monkey or BlitzMax
- This application is licensed for free to all owners of a Jungle Ide license. This software is protected by copyright and can’t be distributed without written autorization.
How to install the font machine tool:
It is recommended to install latest version if you don’t know wich one to install.
2.- Unrar/Unzip the module source code in your Monkey modules folder, so at the end you have the following path structure:[MonkeyCompiler]/modules/fontmachine
3.- If using Jungle Ide, refresh your modules database (Monkey/ Update Monkey modules database), so Jungle Ide can see a new module has been installed
4.- Get the fonts package and tutorials here:
5.- If you want to create your own Bitmap fonts , if you are a Jungle Ide pro user, you can get the full editor version in your customer’s downloads area.
Some images showing the Font Machine module and Editor: