Jungle Ide is an integrated development environment developed by LemonBytes. It is a software application that provides comprehensive facilities to programmers for applications and games development using the wonderful Monkey-X programming language.
Jungle Ide consists of:
- The Monkey-X multi-target and multi-platform compiler
- An advanced source code editor
- A feature rich intelliprompt system
- A complete project management system
- Integration of additional editors (image editors, 3D editors, etc.)
- A Monkey background compiler that inform you on compilation errors as you type, so you don’t have to compile a whole project just to see a variable name was written wrong.
- A connections based system that allows you to perform several compilation tasks in parallel
- An integrated debugger for any Monkey-X C++ based targets (currently stdcpp wich is MinGW based and GLFW wich is Microsoft Visual C++ are supported)
Jungle Ide is a single program in which all development is done. Jungle Ide provides many features for authoring, modifying and compiling games and applications. The aim is to abstract the configuration necessary to piece together all command line utilities in a cohesive unit, which reduces the time to learn the Monkey language, and increases developer productivity.
Jungle Ide also provides several advanced helper features such as code folding and autocompletion, among others.
The Jungle Ide source code editor has a lot of features that improve the Monkey experience, such as folding, intelliprompt and parameter hints as you type.
You can see how this ‘Solution explorer’, allows you to easily manage files in your project. You can rename them, move them, create folders and files, etc everything with very few clicks. Organizing your files is easy, fast and reliable.
With a Jungle Ide license, you also get a license for our FontMachine editor that will allow you to create incredible nice looking bitmap texts for your Monkey games and applications (more info about FontMachine here)
The FontMachine tool has been used in a variety of commercial games and it is a mature and well tested Bitmap Font editor that has importers for mojo and also for the great BRL BlitzMax modules.
Try Jungle Ide
Still not convinced? Why don’t you give Jungle Ide a try?