What is Jungle Ide?
Jungle Ide is an integrated development environment developed by LemonBytes. It is a software application that provides comprehensive facilities to programmers for applications and games development.
- The monkey multi-target and multi-platform compiler *
- An advanced source code editor
- A feature rich intelliprompt system
- A complete project management system
- Integration of additional editors (image editors, 3D editors, etc.)
- A Monkey background compiler that inform you on compilation errors as you type, so you don’t have to compile a whole project just to see a variable as misstyped
- A connections based system that allows you to perform several compilation tasks in parallel
- An integrated debugger for any Monkey C++ based targets (currently stdcpp wich is MinGW based and GLFW wich is Microsoft Visual C++ are supported)
Jungle Ide is a single program in which all development is done. Jungle Ide provides many features for authoring, modifying and compiling games and applications. The aim is to abstract the configuration necessary to piece together all command line utilities in a cohesive unit, which reduces the time to learn the Monkey language, and increases developer productivity.
Jungle Ide also provides several advanced helper features such as code folding and autocompletion, among others.
Here you can see Jungle Ide in action:
In this screenshot, you can see how Jungle Ide provides a multi-tab editor, a project tree (at the right of the image), a compiler parameters area, and… well… many more useful things!
The source code editor
The Jungle Ide source code editor has a lot of features that improve the Monkey experience, such as folding, intelliprompt and parameter hints as you type.
Here you can see some screenshots:
In this example, you can see how Jungle Ide is providing help to the coder regarding parameters and usage of the DrawImage command. Additionally, you can see how all folding nodes are displayed on screen, so you can expand or collapse parts of the source code.
Here you can see how Jungle Ide also provides a list fields, methods, functions, etc. This is very useful when you’re dealing with complex inheritance structures or when dealing with modules you’re not familiar with. Not to mention when you’re new to Monkey…
Jungle Ide has a very powerful project system called ‘Solutions’ that allows you to create complex project structures in a very easy and intuitive way. Here’s a little screenshot of a “Solution explorer”:
You can see how this ‘Solution explorer’, allows you to easily manage files in your project. You can rename them, move them, create folders and files, etc everything with very few clicks. Organizing your files is easy, fast and reliable.
If you want to try Jungle Ide, why don’t you download the Jungle Ide Demo from here: