Forum Replies Created
When posting bug reports, please:
1) Include some *show-error* source code in your post – not just the bit in your code that’s failing, but something we can actually copy and paste into our Jungle Ide and check inmediatly.
2) If your example needs media, either link to it in the post or email the whole thing to m.ibanez at blide dot org.
3) Be as descriptive as possible – ‘it crashes’ isn’t good enough! Instead, something like ‘it crashes with this unhandled exception log’ is much better. Also a step-by-step guide on how to replicate the issue is always more than welcome.
4) Provide some information about your OS version, 32 or 64 bits, .net version, etc. Some of the members on this site include such information in their user ‘signature’ – this is a great idea and we thoroughly recommend all Jungle Ide forums members do this.
5) Keep the noise to a minimum – unless you have something useful to contribute to the resolution of a problem, take it to ‘General Discussion’ instead!
6) If your bug report has disappeared, it has probably been dealt with and moved to the Hitoric section of this community (here: http://www.jungleide.com/?page_id=33/historic-group3/fixed-bugs-log-forum4 )
This forums are subject to the jungleide.com end user license agreement. You can check it here: http://www.jungleide.com/?page_id=321
Please be positive, personal attacks and foul language will not be tolerated.
After giving all the Jungle Ide launch some thoughts, I’ve decided that there will be 2 versions of the Jungle available:
- Jungle Ide: The complete Ide with all functionality (Code folding, Intelliprompt, Advanced solution system) This will be the commercial version.
- Jungle Lite: Smaller version of Jungle Ide with limited features. This will be the free version.
Jungle Lite will work as a Jungle Ide demo for 30 days, and after this period will self-convert to the limited Jungle Lite.
At the launch of Jungle Ide, there will be a public Jungle Ide BETA available to be purchased, and, whenever this goes out of beta, the demo and lite versions will be published. I’m doing it this way as I don’t want to release a beta demo, because this could give a false or bad impression to potential Jungle Ide customers, and I don’t want to walk this path again.
As some of you have asked this before, we haven’t decided about pricing yet, it’s too soon, but it will be cheaper than our BlitzMax Ide (BLIde Plus) at the time of release.
Also, all licenses purchased during the initial BETA period will be lifetime licenses. When it goes out of beta, only 1 year licenses will be available (at the beginning, this is subject to change).
I hope this answers some questions, more details to come soon!
Ziggy – just going through the start process and have a few suggestions:
* Not sure if it did, but does it validate the Monkey compiler folder when selected? (if it does no probs). Perhaps you could try and make it clearer which folder users need to select?
* Prompt the user for their username and licence number as part of this process (can skip past this for the lite users)
* You have a spelling mistake on the final screen (disappoint).
Perhaps not a bug as such, but if the user has not registered their licence number on your site you still receive the following message:
“You JungleIde has run out of updates times. Do you want to buy additional updates time now?”
I don’t know the process fully, but perhaps the user could receive a message saying their account cannot be found (if not registered to site) or they do not have a registered licence number??
Can we get CTRL+Space to display the intellisense list manually?
Just pre-ordered Jungle and bought Monkey (just waiting for share-it and co).
Really looking forward to having a go with the new IDE, Ive been a long time user of BLide :)
Yes! this is going to be added very soon! Intellisense is the area of the IDE that is getting more active development now, and Ctrl+Space completion will come ASAP. I miss it a lot too!
Fixing this for the next update!
And welcome!Quote:Not sure if it did, but does it validate the Monkey compiler folder when selected? (if it does no probs). Perhaps you could try and make it clearer which folder users need to select?
Yes it does! and also it does when you’re closing the preferences window, so it’s always checked.Quote:Prompt the user for their username and licence number as part of this process (can skip past this for the lite users)
Thanks! I’ll follow all your suggestions for the next update. Setting up the license should be easier and it’s true it would be great to have it on the configuration wizard.Quote:You have a spelling mistake on the final screen (disappoint).
Thanks! Fixing right now…
Thanks Ziggy – looks good so far!
Great! Thanks for the update!
Yep – I am looking forward to using it also. Using VS2010 so much now a days I can’t live without Intellisense!
In the IDE: When there is no update available, it tells me there are ‘NOT Jungle updates available’. Gotta love typos.
What’s the typo there? I see:
The are not Jungle updates available
Should it be:
There are not available Jungle updates
What’s the correct spelling/construction here? I’m not English and sometimes… you know…
“There are no available Jungle updates”
It sounds a lot better.
Does this include auto-complete?
For example if I type in “Device”, then press Ctrl+Space, will JungleIDE give me the option to auto-complete? In this example, it would display DeviceWidth() or DeviceHeight() etc…
Also in future will Jungle auto-correct keywords for you? For example the developer types in “method” and JungleIde corrects to “Method”.
This will include autocompletion for sure! That’s the idea.
Not sure about case correction on a case sensible language…
When we change the Monkey path via the Settings -> Monkey -> Monkey location, when we click the Browse button can the ‘Browse for folder’ dialog auto-select the last location (if provided).
Thanks mate – hope you don’t mind me spamming your forum with these suggestions!Quote:Quote from Ziggy on March 2, 2011, 00:10
Not sure about case correction on a case sensible language…
Its just that Im use to BLide doing it for me for BlitzMax, if I type “met” in the BLide gives me the option to select “Method”.
Also will Jungle change # % etc into the variable types like BLide?
Good point, I’m adding this too for the next update.
I also suggest simply using NO in stead of NOT.
Even better would be to actually have an update :)March 2, 2011 at 10:53 am in reply to: FIXED: Error adding import reference for newly added project file #2352
I’m getting an error adding a new file to a project and then using the Import keyword.
Steps to reproduce:
* Load an existing project (with at least one file already included)
* From the Solution Explorer, select Create a new file here from the Project and name it test.monkey
* Activate an existing file, and at the top (or under existing imports) type Import and press space.
The following error is shown:Code:Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Running Jungle Ide version 11.02.28-A
at Jungle.MonkeyLanguage.MonkeyLanguage.KeyPressProcessImport(String Str, Char AdditionalChar) in C:\Users\Manel\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\MonkIDE\JungleIDE\Languages\Monkey\MonkeyLanguage.asm:line 741
at Jungle.MonkeyLanguage.MonkeyLanguage.ProcessKeyPress(Object sender, KeyPressEventArgs e) in C:\Users\Manel\Documents\Visual Studio 2010\Projects\MonkIDE\JungleIDE\Languages\Monkey\MonkeyLanguage.asm:line 195
at QWhale.Editor.SyntaxEdit.OnKeyPress(KeyPressEventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ProcessKeyEventArgs(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmKeyChar(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at QWhale.Editor.SyntaxEdit.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)
I’m running Windows 7 SP1, 64-bit
Maybe on your list but any chance on getting some #Region code folding abilities?